Fall in Love with LÖVE2D and develop games easily

Game programming with LÖVE2D is probably the most easier way to do game programming

Fall in Love with LÖVE2D and develop games easily

I've been trying to do game programming but I was stucked because Unity is really heavy and I didn't really do C#. Then I came across something called Lua programming language and LÖVE2D game engine and I tried to do some programming and I was fascinated. Here are top reasons why:

  • LightWeight

  • The most interesting thing about LÖVE2D is that it is light as feather. By feather I mean computer with very low specs can handle it without any problems. If you start with unity at beginning, you'd probably be frustated especially with slow rendering and slow loading time if you have low specs pc. LÖVE2D is currently for 2d games only meaning if you want to develop 3d games you can't do that. However many experiments are going on for 3d so no worries.

  • Free & Fast

  • Yes LÖVE2D is completely free with great forum support. If you come across some issues in LÖVE2D head straight to forum before stackoverflow. The rendering time and running of game in LÖVE2D is awesome. Believe me you will fall in love with it. Check its official site here.

...And many more

Paddle and ball image Paddle and ball image

The above images are some of the works I did in the first 10 minutes I got to know about LÖVE2D. The paddle moves the ball moves just with few lines of codes. If you're familiar with javaScript then you'll find Lua relatively easier because it is closely related with JS.

--You comment by using double minus sign
--This is how you define function
function name ()
Your statement here
end

I find Lua relatively easier and faster High Level language and I bet you too will get into it. I am not in a favor of dissing Unity or anything just giving honest opinion.

Join our facebook group here

Comments